Sunday 30 March 2014

Wartime Farm Goes to the Wall

My little brother is currently in China with one of his friends for a lovely few weeks seeing the sights as they travel from Shanghai to Beijing then to Xi'an and finally onto Hong Kong.

The Beautiful Sighhts of China

As you can see, he has been sending me lots of beautiful pictures via WhatsApp as he travels around, which has been really lovely and has even given me some great ideas for my Sew For Victory project! It's also made me just a little jealous, though until I get over my flying phobia I will stay a lovely 'one-day' dream. My favourite photos so far have to be the ones from his trip to the Great Wall.

Wartime Farm Pullover at the Great Wall of China

I mean how flipping amazing does this look, puts my wet week walking Hadrian's wall to shame, that's for sure! But the most surprising thing was the next picture he sent, to be honest, it made me a little teary.

Wartime Farm Pullover at the Great Wall of China

 It's not the greatest photo I grant you (it was taken on his old school Polaroid) but it made my year when I saw it! The Wartime Farm Pullover has made it to the Great Wall of China and that makes me so very proud, partly because I know it must mean that he actually really likes it!

Wendy x

10 comments:

  1. Those pictures look stunning and I bet the food is amazing over there. Good to see he's still got his trusty Wartime Farm pullover though. I loved that show so much when it was on. The other month I found the full length episodes were all on you tube and so spent a lot of time drinking tea and watching it back to back.
    Rowena x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rowena! I think they were both a little scared of the food to start with (they went to KFC and Pizza hut the first two days!) but i think now they are enjoying the varied cuisine, those kebabs in the bottom left pic, apparently were snake, shark and prawns!! Oh and how wonderful that Wartime Farm its on you tube I will have to have a look as I would love to see it again! xx

      Delete
  2. yo bro!!!! what a star.....they'll all be wanting one

    ReplyDelete
  3. He,he, He made me very proud!!...just as long as I don't have to knit them all!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, how great to see the top made it all the way to China - and those photos are giving me serious travel envy. I bet your brother's having an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its very exciting isn't it, he is having a wonderful time by all accounts, I m sure he want want to come home! x

      Delete
  5. Awww....bless! I am sure you will master your fear of flying one day....you can do it my dear! I know how hard it is to fight fears as i still have several of my own that I have to work on....but hope shall keep us going. The photos are definitely lovely too....and well done for that cute jumper...love the victorious colours.
    May xx
    www.walkinginmay.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah brothers, so hard to find gifts for! Looks like you got it spot on! Fabulous photo, looks like he's having a grand time!

    ReplyDelete